Guest Code of Conduct
To create the best possible experience for our patrons and protect the health and safety of our guests, staff, artists, and crew, State Theatre New Jersey requires anyone entering the theater to abide by the policies listed below.
- State Theatre New Jersey has a zero-tolerance policy regarding aggressive or abusive behavior in the venue at any time. Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects, using foul/abusive language or gestures, attempting to enter restricted areas, or engaging in other behavior detrimental to the health, safety, and experience of other guests will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- All guests must have a valid ticket to enter the venue regardless of age.
- Guests will follow all health and safety guidelines posted by the theater.
- The unauthorized selling or distribution of tickets is prohibited on State Theatre premises.
- Guests will sit only in their assigned seats and show their tickets to ushers and other house management staff when requested.
- Guests will be required to be fully clothed at all times, including shirt and shoes.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated, or underage person will be handled in a prompt and safe manner. Consumption of illegal drugs or outside intoxicants will result in ejection and possible prosecution.
- Guests are prohibited from bringing the following items onto the premises: outside food and beverage; cameras and recording devices (other than phones); selfie sticks, tripods, monopods; suitcases; sporting equipment; instruments; posters / signs / banners; illegal drugs; weapons (including but not limited to firearms, knives, and chemical defense weapons such as pepper spray or mace); and any items that may be deemed disruptive to the performance.
- All audio / visual devices and photography, filming, recording, and taping are strictly prohibited. State Theatre New Jersey reserves the right to deny entry to, or to remove any guest from the premises who refuses to comply with this policy.
- Guests will refrain from using cellular phones during the performance. The sound and / or light from the displays are a distraction for the performers and other guests—as is text messaging during the performance.
- There is no smoking or vaping allowed within the State Theatre. Guests who smoke, including the use of e-cigarettes and vaping, will do so outside the building.
- Guests will keep aisles clear at all times. Dancing (when a show allows) must be done only at their assigned seats.
Guests will comply with requests from venue staff regarding all theater policies. State Theatre New Jersey policies may be updated at any time to protect the safety of our guests. Your ticket is a revocable license. Management reserves the right to revoke this license without refund for non-compliance with State Theatre New Jersey's terms and policies. State Theatre New Jersey policies are subject to change.